Panmure Rising Main and DPS028 Pipework Replacement
Watercare Services Ltd
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Value: $10M +
Construction of a new 900OD HDPE Rising main to replace the aging pipeline crossing below Panmure Basin.
We adopted a number of techniques to install the pipe in a way that minimised impact on the public and was cost effective.
We engaged a specialist directional drilling company to complete two trenchless sections and a specialist installation of HDPE lined concrete pipe with a semi-closed face TBM.
The section of pipe under the Panmure Bridge was installed by slip-lining, using our custom built 500kN linear winch.
- open trenching,
- large diameter HDPE,
- in trench butt welding,
- traffic control,
- directional drilling,
- deep shafts,
- mechanical works
- Early Contractor Involvement at Design Stage
- CLS watermain construction including cathodic protection
- Air, scour and line valve construction
- Timber retaining walls
- Site roading and drainage
- Precast concrete building works
- Mechanical, process and electrical works
- Cycleway construction